/// Last updated June 5, 2022 ///
By using the Portfolio Charts website and products in any way, you agree to ALL of the following Terms. If you don’t agree to these Terms, don’t use our Services.
Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Portfolio Charts, LLC, a Texas limited liability company. While it is the work of one dedicated investor, to keep things simple we refer to Portfolio Charts, LLC collectively as “Portfolio Charts” or “we” throughout these Terms. For the purposes of this document, we also refer to all Portfolio Charts related items such as the website and products as “Services”.
All Portfolio Charts Services are intended for educational use only. We are NOT professional brokers or financial advisers, and no information we provide is a substitute for qualified financial advice from someone who understands your personal situation. All investment choices are your own, and you agree that Portfolio Charts assumes no responsibility for any consequences related to your personal financial decisions. When in doubt, consult a licensed financial adviser.
- You attest that you are 18 years of age or older.
- We make money via memberships, donations, product sales, and affiliate links. We do NOT sell your personal information, clutter the site with ads, or sell paid recommendations. You can read more about that in the About the Author section.
- Portfolio Charts is in no way responsible for any content found on third-party websites. This includes not only third-party companies used by the site but also any external links.
- We love hearing from you and are always looking to improve our site and products. When you share comments, ideas, or feedback with us, you agree that we’re free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
- You will never use Portfolio Charts Services in a way that breaks any laws, and you agree that we share absolutely no responsibility for your poor choices if you do.
- You will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of Portfolio Charts or any third party. We respect copyright, and you must do the same. This includes the source data, the rules of which are outlined in the Data Sources page under Fair Use.
- All Services — including charts, articles, downloadable tools, and other content — are the sole property of Portfolio Charts. You can post still images of charts on your own blog, website, or social media as long as: 1. It is solely for non-commercial use; 2. You do not alter the charts in any way that alters the meaning of the data; and 3. You give full credit to Portfolio Charts.
- Redistributing, reselling, or reverse engineering spreadsheets, data, or the underlying calculations is strictly prohibited.
- Using our Services doesn’t grant you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Portfolio Charts or third-party trademarks.
- If you use the interactive online tools, you accept that we process the data you provide to generate cool charts and you make no claim to license of your settings.
If You Have A Problem
We are here to help. Conflicts are extremely rare, and it is our genuine hope that any issues can be promptly resolved with a few quick emails. Please contact us any time, and we’ll be more than happy to work with you to address any concerns.
To avoid any misunderstandings, these terms cover a few issues of responsibility and conflict resolution:
- Our Services are provided “as is.” Portfolio Charts disclaims all warranties of any kind. We do occasionally make mistakes, and in no way can we be held liable for errors, omissions, and inaccuracies in the Services. You agree to use Portfolio Charts and any related products at your own risk.
- We may update, change, or discontinue any aspect of our Services at any time. We understand that it may be inconvenient, but you have no right to compensation if we do.
- As a Texas LLC, any access to or use of our Services are governed by the laws of the state of Texas, USA. You also agree that if you have a complaint, it must be promptly made within one (1) year. Otherwise, you no longer have any rightful cause of action.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Portfolio Charts, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, demands, damages, costs, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your use of our Services.
Other Legal Stuff
If you made it this far, we appreciate your attention to detail! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate you and hope you find the site useful.