The Ideal Index Portfolio is recommended by Frank Armstrong in his book The Informed Investor: A Hype-Free Guide to Constructing a Sound Financial Portfolio.
- 6.25% Domestic Large Cap Blend ¹
- 9.25% Domestic Large Cap Value ¹
- 9.25% Domestic Small Cap Value ¹
- 6.25% Domestic Small Cap Growth ¹
- 31% World Total Stock Market ²
- 30% Short Term
- 8% REITs ³
1) Countries other than the United States are modeled with local regional data instead of pure domestic data for these assets. CAN uses USA funds, while GER & UK use EUR funds.
2) The calculations assume that US investors use a World Ex-US fund while investors living in other countries use a World fund including the US.
3) The data is based on USA REITs, but a broad global REIT fund is also a reasonably close alternative if no US fund is available.
Change the domestic market to translate the portfolio to different home countries